Yemi Osinbajo Debunk Interest in 2023 Presidential Run

As campaign posters and other materials surface on social media and the streets, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo insists he has not declared his candidacy for president in 2023.

His media assistant, Laolu Akande, said on Monday that films and other materials tying Mr. Osinbajo to the 2023 presidential election had nothing to do with the vice president’s office.

Mr Akande acknowledged that there had been a flurry of activity, including the publishing of campaign-style promotional films, banners on social media, and even the distribution of political posters for the vice president in some regions of the nation.

Mr. Osinbajo’s papers were exhibited in the Federal Capital Territory and Kano, suggesting that he has entered the presidential run for 2023.

But Mr Akande stated, “The Office of the Vice President is not in any way connected with the distribution and deployment of any 2023 political posters whether on the streets or in online videos, banners and the like on the social media. All these are simply needless distractions from the urgent tasks of governance needed in our country at this time.”

He claimed that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo had not announced an interest in the 2023 presidential race, insisting that he is focused on addressing Nigeria’s challenges as President Muhammadu Buhari’s deputy.

Mr Akande encouraged people to stop displaying campaign materials like this.

Bola Tinubu, Mr Osinbajo’s political benefactor and national head of the All Progressives Congress (APC), is generally said to be seeking the presidency when Mr Buhari leaves office.

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *