Biafra’s Nnamdi Kanu Battle With DSS Operatives During Interrogation

On Sunday, Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), reportedly battled with Department of State Services (DSS) operatives.

The pro-Biafra activist reportedly refused to answer questions during another secret police interrogation session in Abuja in the presence of his lawyer, Aloy Ejimakor.

Nnamdi Kanu indicated during his interrogation by five DSS officers that he was tired of the interviews and that he would not respond to questions again.

Read Also: Nnamdi Kanu Narrates How He Was Arrested, Tortured 8 Days in Kenya

The security officers told him, though, that Sunday would be the last time they spoke with him.

The DSS interrogated him today again with five officers in the presence of his lawyer, Aloy Ejimakor. He refused to answer any question and only responded in syllables. He told them he was not going to do any more of their interviews. The DSS panel, in turn, said this will be their last interrogation,” a top source revealed.

Nnamdi Kanu described how he was kidnapped in Kenya and transported to Nigeria during an interview with DSS officials last Wednesday.

“Kanu was interviewed by DSS agents today in the presence of his lawyers. He had injuries on his neck and wrist from torture. They said they didn’t know who he was. They chained him to floor for six days but they became nice to him once they found out who he was,” a top source had revealed.

Also on July 7, the IPOB leader told his lawyer that before being extradited to Nigeria, he was “mercilessly battered and tortured” in the East African country.

The lawyer had said, “There was a clear collaboration between the Kenya government and the Nigerian government and I am happy that they are now denying the fact that Kanu was arrested in there.

“But by the time we finish with them at the International Criminal Court, they will never remain the same. He was arrested at the airport there and he was taken to an unknown residence. He was subjected to inhuman treatment.

“Kanu was tortured, maltreated and mercilessly beaten, as confirmed by him to us. After spending eight days in their illegal custody, they now beckoned to the Nigerian government. Kanu was lifeless and unconscious by the time they were bringing him to Nigeria.

“To tell you the level of their conspiracy and the desperation to get him, they brought him here on a Sunday and the federal government is fully aware that I am his legal counsel.

“He was brought into the country and inflicted with several injuries and a he is having a number of medical issues today. It was at the behest of the Federal government that Kenya was doing those things. This is against all international laws. We are going to address an international court at that level.”

Leave a Reply