It’s All Lies, I Never Begged Obaseki to Return to APC -Ize-Iyamu

Ize-Iyamu

The gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has disregarded claims that he begged Governor Godwin Obaseki to return to the ruling party.

In a report by The Nation, Pastor Ize-Iyamu, through the director of communication and media of his campaign organisation, Prince John Mayaki, stated that the report published by media houses is false.

The widely publicized report claimed that Ize-Iyamu made the call to the governor in a video conference on Wednesday, September 23, a claim which Mayaki described as false, arguing that the APC candidate at the time was in Abuja with some party bigwigs.

It was said that Ize-Iyamu made the call in a television broadcast on Wednesday night.

The spokesman refuted the news and rather noted that the said video was actually made not less than three months ago.

He said: ‘’The video in reference is from three months ago, not after the election but doctored by Obaseki’s media handlers to seek undue legitimacy.

Read Also: Edo Decides: Ekiti APC Accuse Kayode Fayemi of Anti-Party

“We wonder if the media were being sponsored by Obaseki and the PDP, as it seems implausible that they actually believed the story. “This is even more so, when reporters in Benin City would report Pastor Ize-Iyamu, who is currently in Abuja, where the various media organisations are also domiciled, this is to tell you the suspicion inherent in the viral video.

Mayaki also berated the media for reporting that the just concluded Edo governorship election was peaceful, free and fair.

He went on: “That is why they have reported that the election was free and fair, and that is why they have said our candidate pleaded with Obaseki to come back to APC.

“They (the media) pretended not to know how violent and anti-democratic the election was in many parts of Edo State, including Egor local government area in Benin City.”

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Beautiful Photos of First Surviving African-American Sextuplets

Fri Sep 25 , 2020
The first-ever surviving set of African-American sextuplets have graduated from high school, with all six gearing up to continue their education in the fall.   Chris and Diamond Harris from Birmingham, Alabama welcomed their six babies in 2002, with Diamond delivering via C-section at 26.5 weeks. Nearly 18 years later, the odds-defying children are all grown up and officially high school graduates, and achievement they celebrated together last week.  ‘The morning of the ceremony, I sat in bed looking at their baby pictures […]
surviving set of African-American sextuplets

Home